This overnight oats recipe is easily one of my favourites, probably top 3! It’s decadent flavours belie the fact that it is healthy and packed full of nutrition that will keep you from the snacks right through until lunch.
One of the things I really rate about OO’s is that some of them taste like they could be desserts (the clue’s in the title with this one!). This can be a great way to get your kids eating something a whole lot healthier than the standard boxes of sugar loaded cereals that we all had as kids. Try making this for them and I guarantee they’ll be asking for more! Don’t skimp on the lemon, it really makes the whole recipe sing!
What a great way to kick start your day!
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup (heaped) organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax meal
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 0-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp softened cream cheese
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl until thoroughly blended
- Mix in all the dry ingredients
- Spoon into jars with a tight fitting lid
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating
Vegan Hacks: substitute the cream cheese with vegan cream cheese, and use either maple/agave syrup, or stevia according to taste. Substitute Greek yoghurt for a vegan yoghurt alternative.
Make it Gluten Free: use gluten free rolled oats.
Serving Size 275mL
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14.2 g
Saturated Fat 6.5 g
Unsaturated Fat 7.8 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg
Sodium 306.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates 30.7 g
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 9.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.