This refreshingly zesty OO recipe packs a real lemon punch to leave your taste buds feeling wide awake.
Honey and lemon are a classic pairing, and there’s something very warming about these OO’s. A simple recipe to make, this is a great one to try out when making overnight oats for the first time.
You can always pop in a slice or two of whole lemon to infuse extra lemon and zest flavour, and then finish off before eating by grating fresh oily zest over the top.
Honey and Lemon Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax meal
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Extra honey to serve
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl until thoroughly blended
- Mix in all the dry ingredients
- Spoon into jars with a tight fitting lid
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating
- Top with freshly grated lemon zest for added zing!
Vegan Hacks: Use either maple/agave syrup, or stevia according to taste. Substitute Greek yoghurt for a vegan yoghurt alternative.
Make it Gluten Free: use gluten free rolled oats.
Serving Size 275mL
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated Fat 2.9 g
Unsaturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 9.6 mg
Sodium 209.8 mg
Total Carbohydrates 29.2 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 9.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.