Carrot cake is one of those all time classics, and this carrot cake OO recipe is no different – it ticks the boxes on all levels. Fresh, sweet grated carrot, soft cream cheese and ground cinnamon zing combine to create that unmistakeable flavour; creamy dreaminess in a pot. This was the second ever recipe I experimented with, and it remains in my top 3 favourite OO combinations. If you love cinnamon, then up the amount you put in by half a teaspoon.
The raisins put the final touch on this recipe to give it an all natural sweetness, but if you like things a little sweeter, you can always add in the optional honey/sweetener of choice to taste.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup (heaped) organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax meal
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded/grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground cinnamon (depending on taste)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 0-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp softened cream cheese
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl until thoroughly blended
- Mix in all the dry ingredients
- Spoon into jars with a tight fitting lid
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating
Vegan Hacks: substitute the cream cheese with vegan cream cheese, and use either maple/agave syrup, or stevia according to taste. Substitute Greek yoghurt for a vegan yoghurt alternative.
Make it Gluten Free: use gluten free rolled oats.
Serving Size 275mL
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10.5 g
Saturated Fat 4.4 g
Unsaturated Fat 6.8 g
Cholesterol 18.3 mg
Sodium 293.2 mg
Total Carbohydrates 46 g
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 9.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.